Saturday, March 12, 2016

DAY 72 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

Christmas Eve 2015

Today is Day 72

Weight goal - 139.8 or lower
Actual weight - 140.4

Blood glucose goal - 80 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 83

Today is a Special Feast Day!



For me, that means a ketogenic diet - high fat, moderate protein and very low carb.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

Yesterday I fasted and my body did not respond in the customary way.  My blood glucose and weight were above my goals.  All I ingested yesterday was a cup of chicken broth, a few cups of water, 2 cups of coffee and some seltzer water with lime juice and some liquid sucralose, which I figured would not raise my BG.  Evidently, it did, so I will not be using it anymore.

Even though I did not meet my goals this morning, I will be feasting.  Today is my granddaughter's 9th birthday party, so I will have a nice big BPC for breakfast, whatever the party provides for lunch (but no dessert) and meat and coleslaw for dinner.  I am 100% positive that I will be fasting the next two days to try to get back within my goals.  I hope it doesn't happen, but I am willing to fast for three days if that's what it takes.  With less than three weeks to go, it's getting down to the wire and I am bound and determined to finish my challenge successfully!

71 DAYS DOWN AND 20 DAYS TO GO

48 FEAST DAYS AND 24 FAST DAYS - FASTING 33% OF THE DAYS

13.6 POUNDS GONE AND 4.4 POUNDS TO GO

76% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 78% OF THE DAYS

7-DAY AVERAGE WEIGHT - 141.2

7-DAY AVERAGE FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE - 81

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The grey lines are my long term goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The red lines are my 7-day averages. The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after.


This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment