Tuesday, February 9, 2016

DAY 40 - 2016 WEIGHT LOSS AND BLOOD GLUCOSE CHALLENGE

Christmas Eve 2015

Today is Day 40

Weight goal - 146.2 or lower
Actual weight - 143.8 - NEW LOW

Blood glucose goal - 89 or lower
Actual blood glucose - 74

Today is a Feast Day!



For me, that means a ketogenic diet - high fat, moderate protein and very low carb.  Each day, I will weigh in, check my fasting blood glucose, find out if I will feast or fast that day, update my chart and post it here on the big blog. I'm posting it to motivate myself not to give up, and if I think that anyone is looking at this, it will help to keep me accountable.

I fasted yesterday and somehow managed to lose 4 pounds!  I know I've been retaining water, so I'm sure a lot of that was water weight.  I'm looking forward to eating today.

Oh, and I put aside my size 12 jeans and I'm now wearing my size 10.  I wonder how long it will be before I fit into my size 8?  And there is that one pair of size 6 in my closet...

39 DAYS DOWN AND 52 DAYS TO GO

30 FEAST DAYS AND 10 FAST DAYS - FASTING 25% OF THE DAYS

10.2 POUNDS GONE AND 7.8 POUNDS TO GO

57% OF THE WAY TO MY GOAL AFTER 44% OF THE DAYS

AVERAGE WEIGHT SO FAR - 148     AVERAGE BLOOD GLUCOSE SO FAR - 87

I made a few charts to track my progress.  The orange lines are my goals. The blue lines are my actual results.  The last chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after.


This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

2 comments:

  1. WOOOHOOOO! Congratulations!! I'm sure you did a little happy dance :-) I hope you are feeling much better, too (sadly, I am getting sick now. no fun...)
    Your weight / size intrigues me: I weigh significantly more than you, but I wear size 10 jeans (perfect fit in the butt, loose in the waist, snug in the thighs...) I really am a brick house, I guess!
    Happy Feasting today!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy!

      If you want to see how I'm built, check out the video in the right side bar that says "GOTTA WATCH THE VIDEO" and let my know if you think our shapes are that much different.

      Rebecca

      Delete