Sunday, October 13, 2013

NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS - MONTH 15 RESULTS

On July 9, 2012, I started eating in such a way as to be fueled by Nutritional Ketosis.  If you are new here and do not know what that means, click here to read more about it in detail.  The short version is this:  I am eating very high fat, moderate protein and very low carb.

The large blank in my charts between November 2012 and May 2013 was from when I was not weighing and measuring, and you can see that I had significant gains during that time.

The darker lines are my actual numbers, taken each Sunday morning before eating and the lighter lines are the average of the prior eight weeks, so I can see the trend without all the "noise".


With the initial losses and the subsequent gains, since starting Nutritional Ketosis in July 2012, I have:

Lost 7.4 pounds on the scale
Lost 6.7 pounds of body fat
Lost 0.7 pounds of lean body mass

Lost 3/8" around my neck
Lost 1-1/2" around my bust
Lost 1-1/2" around my waist
Lost 1-5/8" around my belly
Lost 1-1/4" around my hips
Lost 1" around each of my thighs
Lost 1/4" around each of my calves

Lost 2.8 percentage points off my body fat
Gained 2.8 percentage points into my lean body mass

These charts show the average of the macro nutrient breakdown for the days that I tracked in this past month. (Click on any chart to enlarge it.)


 



I'm still doing a little bit of blood testing for ketones and glucose.  Here are those charts:




Here is my "body goal":

136 pounds scale weight
40.9 pounds body fat (30%)
95.1 pounds lean mass (70%)
11-3/4" neck
28-3/8" waist
38-1/2" hips

To get there, I need to lose 6.2 pounds of body fat, gain 2.2 pounds of lean mass, lose 2-3/8" around my waist and 1/2" around my hips.

LEAVING ALTERNATE DAY FASTING


I decided in the past few days to stop doing alternate day intermittent fasting.  Although I was losing body fat doing that, I just could not adjust to it emotionally.  On the days that I did not eat much, I was hungry, and on the days that I did eat, I was stressed thinking about the next day when I would not be able to eat much again.  So I am back to eating around the same amount each day of high fat, moderate protein and very low carb food.

7 comments:

  1. You and me, both, Becca. I think I've run through the gambit of "food intake" gimmicks now and nothing else is sustainable for me. Hunger and the stressful feeling of not being able to eat regularly, is just not my cuppa tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt that you and I are the only ones who are suffering with this, Peggy! There has got to be a lot of frustration out there in people (probably mostly women of our age) that keep bouncing around from WOE to WOE trying to find their magic bullet.

      I hate the idea that I will have to track my food for the rest of my life, but it may just be the price I have to pay for 40+ years of eating junk and not healthy, real food.

      On the good side, I am getting results going back to eating roughly the same amount of food each day. The extra four pounds I gained last week are now gone, and I am very close to goal.

      Also, I remembered that I was losing fat and gaining muscle really well when I was taking BCAA a couple of years ago, so I added that back into the mix.

      Delete
  2. I appreciated the whole post.buy the way do you have idea about Multiple Sclerosis.

    ReplyDelete