Monday, October 11, 2010

BODY MEASUREMENTS VS. SCALE WEIGHT

I weigh every day on my bathroom scale. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. The problem is that my weight fluctuates so much that I am always getting discouraged. It's not unusual for me to gain 2 pounds or more from one morning to the next.

I have tried only weighing once a week, and it drives me crazy. I need to have some sort of daily idea how I am doing.

Since I started Atkins in March 2009, I have taken my full body measurements once a week. I measure my neck, bicep, forearm, bust, midriff, waist, navel, hips, thigh and calf. This has been very helpful to me to track my progress.  Here is my chart:



I was thinking that I might try doing this daily, but it is very time consuming, and a pain.

So, this morning I decided that instead of getting on the scale every morning, I am going to take just three measurements - waist, navel and hips.

Body measurements are a better way of tracking progress anyway, so why not just measure? Taking those three measurements takes only a few more seconds than getting on the scale.

There have been times when I have gained weight over a week, but my measurements have stayed the same or even gone down. So what have I focused on that week? The scale, which is dumb of me to do.

So I am going to measure my "core" every morning, and do a full body measure and get on the scale only once per week.

I wonder if I can stick with it...

These are my measurements for the past two mornings:

10/10/10
29.75" - waist
33.50" - navel
39.50" - hips

10/11/10
30.00" - waist
33.50" - navel
39.50" - hips

Here is my new Core Measurements chart:

No comments:

Post a Comment