Wednesday, February 25, 2009

FEBRUARY 25, 2009 - TWIGGY


I wasn't fat as a child or teen. But I thought I was. When I was growing up, Twiggy was a very popular model, and all the girls wanted to look just like her. What a dream, right? Just look at her... She looks like she is starving. I guess in my own way, I did become like her. Until recently, I have been starving on every diet conceived in the mind of man. I suffered through The South Beach Diet, NutriSystem, LA Weight Loss, Deal-a-Meal, The Hawaiian Diet, The Schwarzbein Principle, The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet, the GI Diet, The T-Factor, The Nautilus Diet, The Pritikin Diet, Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating, The Zone, Weight Watchers and a diet called, if you can believe it, The Ice Cream Diet.


Don't get me wrong. There were some good ideas mixed in there in the craziness. All of these diets tried to convince me that eating junk was bad for me. All except The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet, which actually, sort of, encouraged me to eat all the junk I wanted, as long as I could do it within the space of 60 minutes. Which encouragement I took, by the way. I never did lose anything on that one. I wonder why?


Also, I can't say that I didn't ever lose weight on these diets. Sometimes I did, and sometimes I didn't, but even when I did, I could not maintain the loss because I was starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment