Sunday, May 16, 2010

MAY 16 - WEEK 61 REPORT

This week I lost 2.4 pounds.
Beginning weight – 141.8 pounds
Ending weight – 139.4 pounds

Here is a guess of my daily food intake for this past week, because I did not tracking, and only ate 2 meals per day on most days:

1360 Calories
100g Fat (64.3%)
80g Protein
35g Carbs
12g Fiber
23g net carbs, of which 12.5g came from veggies

Today is my weekly measuring day. I lost a total of 4" just this past week!

In the past 7 days:

I lost 1/2” from my bust
I lost 1/4" from by midriff
I lost 1/4" from my waist
I lost 1-1/2” around my navel
I lost 1/2” around my hips
I lost 1/4" around my thighs
I lost 1/4” around my calves

I am now the smallest I have been since starting Atkins. My total loss of inches is 24.5. I set new records for smallness in my bust, navel and calf.

Here are my measurements today:

12.5" - neck
12" - bicep
9" - forearm
35.5" - bust
29.75" - midriff
29.25" - waist
32.5" - navel
38.5" - hips
22" - thighs
13.5" - calves

I am also happy to report that I have lost weight this morning - 0.4 pounds - and this week - 2.4 pounds!

According to the scale, I lost 0.4 pounds yesterday.
According to my 1-week average, I lost 0.4 pounds yesterday.
According to my 4-week average, I lost 0.3 pounds yesterday.

According to the scale, I lost 2.4 pounds in the last 7 days.
According to my 1-week average, I lost 1.5 pounds in the last 7 days.
According to my 4-week average, I lost 1.4 pounds in the last 7 days.

According to the scale, I lost 8.6 pounds in the last 4 weeks.
According to my 1-week average, I lost 5.7 pounds in the last 4 weeks.
According to my 4-week average, I lost 1.3 pounds in the last 4 weeks.

141.8 - 05/09
142.4 - 05/10
142.0 - 05/11
141.2 - 05/12
140.6 - 05/13
141.0 - 05/14
139.8 - 05/15
139.4 - 05/16

If I continue to lose weight at the same rate that I have in the past 28 days, I will reach my goal of 130 pounds in 31 days on June 16, 2010.

That's not accurate, though, because 28 days ago, I was still 6 pounds up due to surgery. In another 6 days, that surgery weight will be out of the equation, and then I will have a clearer idea of a goal date.

I didn't think I could do it, but I stuck to my decision not to use fitday to track my food this past week! It was hard at first, but then it got easier each day. Of course, if I had been gaining instead of losing, it would not have been easy...

This is my plan for this week: I am going to continue to eat the way I have been this past 7 days, and I am going to keep a written journal of what I eat, including weights and measurements of the food. At the end of the week, I am going to take the time to put it all on fitday and see how I come out, and I will report here.

I am going to use my appetite as a gauge of what and when to eat. After a year of low carb, I think my appetite is finally under control and can be trusted. A year ago, it definitely could not be trusted!

This past week has been really low stress on eating. Generally, I ate breakfast around 8 a.m. and dinner around 6-7 p.m., and on a couple of the days, I had either a light snack or a light lunch at midday. I know that going 10 hours between meals is not the recommendation from Atkins, although it does say somewhere in the new book that some people do better eating only 2 meals per day. It seems to be working for me, and I'm going to stick with it for the time being.

Eating twice a day has taken stress off of me, in that I only have to plan and prepare one less meal, and I don't have to drop what I am doing out in the world to run home and cook a meal from scratch and eat. It has also relieved the stress of having to think about food all day long. I have my breakfast, take something out of the freezer for dinner, and then I don't have to think about food for the rest of the day until dinner time. I'm liking this.

I do get a little hungry before dinner, but it's okay. I'm not ravenous - I can just feel in my tummy that it is getting to be time to eat. And if I get really hungry in the middle of the day, I grab a handful of almonds or some raw veggies and it takes the edge off until dinner.

Since Thursday evening, I have been in almost constant pain. I was pain free when I woke up this morning, but as soon as I started moving around, it came back. I wonder how many more days of this until I can be up and around again. This is a pain in the womb, and I am sick of lying around on drugs. I guess I should be thankful that the pain is less than it was before surgery. Back then, it was a 9 out of 10, and now, at its worst, it is a 5 out of 10. Progress, right?

I just realized that I forgot to post what I ate yesterday.

Breakfast, 3 scrambled eggs in butter, 4 slices bacon and 4 large cherry tomatoes.

Snacks throughout the day, a handful of almonds, some raw green pepper and some full fat Fage yogurt with stevia and vanilla extract.

Dinner, baked salmon with butter and parmesan cheese, and a large salad with romaine, avocado and tomato with my homemade dressing.

Dessert, 4 oz. of fresh strawberries.

I know my veggies are low. If I continue to lose this coming week, I'm going to try to increase them.

I know that it is "politically correct" to eat 3 meals a day, and I have even seen people here tell people to eat 6 times a day in order to lose weight. Someone mentioned that Dr. Oz (and we know that HE is always right about everything!) said that if you go for more than 4 hours without eating, your metabolism drops by 40%, or something like that.

I've been researching this on the web, and it is not necessarily so. As with everything else, there always seems to be 2 conflicting sets of research on any subject. We just have to read everything and then make our own decisions.

I have decided that I believe the evidence that says there is no evidence to support eating 6 times per day, and I believe that our evolutionary model for eating is that you eat when food is available, and not according to a schedule. I think that the human body was designed to be able to maintain homeostasis even when food is sporadic.

No comments:

Post a Comment