Sunday, December 6, 2009

DECEMBER 6, 2009 - MY BIRTHDAY WITH HARPIST PETER BALL


For my birthday, my husband took me to a concert given by Patrick Ball, world renowned Celtic Harpist and Storyteller at the Morton Arboretum in Lisle Illinois. It was in a small, intimate room, with only around 80 people or so.

I had the chance to speak to him after his show, and he allowed me to play his wire strung harp. I play harp, but I've never played a wire strung harp - only regular nylon strings like on regular pedal harps and folk harps.

With the wire strung, you have to play it with your fingernails. It was quite a challenge, and I did not do a very good job, I'm afraid.

Patrick Ball was phenomenal! I got one of his CDs. It was also phenomenal! I'll be sure to see him again when he returns to the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment