Saturday, April 17, 2010

APRIL 17, 2010 - HOSPITAL UPDATE

Greetings from Silver Cross Hospital in beautiful (almost) downtown Joliet!

I had my uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) on Tuesday, sent home on Wednesday night, back in the hospital Thursday afternoon with pneumonia, and today I am bleeding internally somewhere and had to get a transfusion.

Hopefully, my UFE doc and my internist here will work together to find out where I am losing blood and fix me soon. They are going to do more blood work and scans sometime soon and find out what's up.

Feeling poorly...

Increasing pain, breathing treatments three times per day, right leg and abdomen packed in ice for pain relief, drinking a gallon of contrast material for the CT scan in 45 minutes, expecting results in three hours, attacked and nearly killed by a rogue blood pressure machine.

Typing makes me sick and dizzy, so signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment